Known as the “tree of life,” Arborvitae is majestic in size and abundant in unique benefits. Arborvitae essential oil is concentrated in tropolones, such as hinokitiol, which are a group of chemical compounds that protect against environmental and seasonal threats and have powerful purifying properties. These compounds also contribute to Arborvitae’s natural insect repellent properties. Thujic acid, another tropolone found in Arborvitae, has been studied for its ability to protect against common threats in the environment. Native to Canada, all parts of the Arborvitae tree were used extensively by Native Americans for health benefits and for building vessels, totem poles, baskets, and clothing. Because of its natural preserving properties, Arborvitae prevents wood from rotting, which makes it popular in woodcraft and for preserving natural wood surfaces.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and spray on surfaces or hands to protect against environmental threats.
- Diffuse to purify the air and to repel insects inside the home.
- Protects against environmental and seasonal threats.
- Powerful cleansing and purifying agent
- Preserves wood naturally.
- Apply to wrists and ankles while hiking.
- Diffuse for a grounding aroma.
- Mix four drops of Arborvitae essential oil and two drops of Lemon essential oil with a carrier oil for a effective wood preservative and polish.
- Use during meditation for a sense of peace and calm.
- Mix in with mulch while gardening.
- Create your own cologne with Cedarwood, Arborvitae, and Frankincense.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with dōTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.