Cinnamon is derived from a tropical, evergreen tree that grows up to 45 feet high and has highly fragrant bark, leaves, and flowers. Extracted from bark, cinnamon oil contains strong cleansing and immune enhancing properties. Due to its high content of cinnamaldehyde, Cinnamon should be diluted with Fractionated Coconut Oil when applied to the skin and only one to two drops are needed for internal benefits. Cinnamon is very purifying to the circulatory system and it helps promote circulation, both internally and when applied to the skin, helping to ease sore muscles and joints. Cinnamon helps maintain a healthy immune system, especially when seasonal threats are high. When diffused, Cinnamon promotes clear breathing while purifying the air. Cinnamon is frequently used in mouth rinses and gums for its oral health benefits. Cinnamon has a long history of culinary uses, adding spice to desserts, entrees, and hot drinks.
- Put 2 drops in empty veggie capsule for immune support.
- Place 1 drop of Cinnamon essential oil in hot water or tea and drink slowly to soothe your throat.
- Put 2–3 drops in a spray bottle for a quick and effective cleaning spray.
- Place one drop on your toothbrush then add toothpaste.
- During your nightly routine, add one drop of Cinnamon to two ounces of water and gargle for an effective mouth rinse.
- During the winter months, dilute Cinnamon with Fractionated Coconut Oil and create a warming massage for cold, achy joints.
- Place two to three drops in a dōTERRA Veggie Cap to maintain a healthy immune system.*
- Add to your favorite recipes in place of ground cinnamon for a delightfully spicy flavor.