Clary Sage is a biennial or perennial herb that grows up to six feet in height. Clary Sage is known for its ability to ease monthly menstrual cycles and help balance hormones. The main chemical component of Clary Sage is linalyl acetate, part of the esters group, making it one of the most relaxing, soothing, and balancing essential oils. In the Middle Ages, the Clary Sage plant was nicknamed “clear eyes” for its positive effects on the eyes, and it was frequently used for female discomfort, as a throat gargle, and for soothing minor skin irritations. Inhaling Clary Sage can soothe nervous tension, lighten mood, and create a sense of euphoria.
- For menstrual discomfort, rub three to five drops on the abdomen.
- Combine with Roman Chamomile and add to bath water for a stress-relieving bath.
- Apply to feet or pulse points to help balance hormones.
- Diffuse or apply to pillow at night for a restful sleep.
- Add to shampoo or hair conditioner to promote healthy hair and scalp.
- Combine with Fractionated Coconut Oil to massage, soothe, or rejuvenate skin.
- Apply one to two drops to the bottom of feet or pulse points.