Essential Oil Spotlight: dōTERRA Frankincense
Plant Part: Resin
Frankincense is unique because the essential oil is stored in a gum-like resin which must be first liberated and then gathered before an essential oil can be distilled.
Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
- Promotes cellular health and regeneration*
- Balances mood
- Reduces the appearance of skin blemishes
Application Methods and Uses:
Frankincense offers a wide variety of uses. It's mild nature and health benefits make it perfect for the entire family. Here are some simple ways to incorporate consistent and effective use of this wonderful essential oil.
- Diffuse a few drops or apply to the palms of hands and deeply inhale–woody aroma brings feeling of relaxation and peace.
- Directly apply Frankincense to any skin irritation.
- Take one to two drops in a veggie capsule to support cellular health*
- Matt Triplett