Chocolate Macarons with dōTERRA Black Pepper
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup fine almond flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 large egg whites (room temperature)
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 drops Black Pepper oil
- Preheat oven to 375˚ F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Sift together powdered sugar, almond flour and cocoa powder into large bowl, and discard any large pieces.
- Beat egg whites, salt, and cream of tartar until they form peaks. Add granulated sugar. Beat until stiff.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the egg whites.
- Hint: Using a rubber spatula, fold until smooth, not runny.
- Fill pastry bag and pipe batter into 1-inch circles.
- Tap baking sheet on the counter, until air bubbles come to the surface, and cookie mixture is flat.
- Let macarons sit for 30 minutes, then bake for 12 minutes.
- Combine ingredients for ganache. Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Once combined, refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Once cookies are cool, fill with ganache and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Alex Chiriboga