Chicken Souvlaki and Tzatziki with dōTERRA Oregano
4 pieces flatbread or pitas
2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
¾ cup Feta cheese
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 ½ teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
1 drop Oregano oil
16 ounces plain Greek yogurt
1 cucumber, grated
4–8 cloves garlic
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon white or red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon dill
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200° F wrap bread in foil and place in oven.
- Peel and grate cucumber, let drain two to three hours.
- Add grated cucumber and remaining Tzatziki ingredients to bowl. Stir until combined and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, Feta, and olives.
- In small bowl, combine oregano, thyme, pepper, 1 ½ teaspoons of vinegar, lemon juice, and Oregano oil. Slowly add 4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, whisking constantly until incorporated.
- Pour 2 ½ tablespoons of vinaigrette over tomato mixture, toss, and set aside. Add chicken to remaining vinaigrette, toss, and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer chicken without liquid to skillet and heat, turning occasionally until cooked through, about five minutes.
- Once bread is warm, top with chicken, tomato mixture, and Tzatziki sauce.
- Alex Chiriboga