Alphabet Soap with dōTERRA Grapefruit
Having a few fun activities for your kids to do while they’re out of school makes the summer even more memorable. This soap recipe is easy and the Grapefruit essential oil will help promote a positive and happy mood throughout the kitchen as you make it.
Then, when it comes time to use it at bath time, Grapefruit essential oil can help smooth the skin, and promote feelings of vitality that will continue to uplift mood. Your kids will also be excited to use their own homemade soap, free of chemicals and harmful artificial dyes.
You can purchase white coconut milk soap base and Maca powder from your local health-food store or online.
4–6 squares white coconut milk soap base
4 drops Grapefruit oil
¼ teaspoon Maca powder
- Chop soap base into rough cubes and place in a microwave safe bowl. Melt soap using a double boiler on the stove, stirring occasionally. Or, melt it in microwave at 30 second intervals.
- Remove from heat and add in natural coloring and Grapefruit essential oil. Mix well.
- Pour soap into silicon molds. Depending on your mold, this recipe should make about 8–10 letters.
- Place in fridge or freezer to allow soap to harden.
- Let sit for 10 minutes after removing from fridge.
- Remove soap from silicon molds.
- Enjoy at bath time.
- When not in use, keep in a sealed container in the bathroom to preserve the aroma.
Tip: For different colors, instead of Maca powder, try ¼ teaspoon beet powder for a pink/red, or a ¼ teaspoon turmeric for a yellow/orange
- Matt Triplett