Hair Perfume with dōTERRA Oils 0
- In fine-mist glass spray bottle, add rose water, vanilla extract, and essential oils. Add more or less essential oils depending on your preference.
- Shake and spray on hair as desired.
*Please note that citrus essential oils are photosensitive and can lighten your hair if exposed to UV rays.
Alphabet Soap with dōTERRA Grapefruit 0
Having a few fun activities for your kids to do while they’re out of school makes the summer even more memorable. This soap recipe is easy and the Grapefruit essential oil will help promote a positive and happy mood throughout the kitchen as you make it.
Then, when it comes time to use it at bath time, Grapefruit essential oil can help smooth the skin, and promote feelings of vitality that will continue to uplift mood. Your kids will also be excited to use their own homemade soap, free of chemicals and harmful artificial dyes.
You can purchase white coconut milk soap base and Maca powder from your local health-food store or online.
4–6 squares white coconut milk soap base
4 drops Grapefruit oil
¼ teaspoon Maca powder
- Chop soap base into rough cubes and place in a microwave safe bowl. Melt soap using a double boiler on the stove, stirring occasionally. Or, melt it in microwave at 30 second intervals.
- Remove from heat and add in natural coloring and Grapefruit essential oil. Mix well.
- Pour soap into silicon molds. Depending on your mold, this recipe should make about 8–10 letters.
- Place in fridge or freezer to allow soap to harden.
- Let sit for 10 minutes after removing from fridge.
- Remove soap from silicon molds.
- Enjoy at bath time.
- When not in use, keep in a sealed container in the bathroom to preserve the aroma.
Tip: For different colors, instead of Maca powder, try ¼ teaspoon beet powder for a pink/red, or a ¼ teaspoon turmeric for a yellow/orange
Scalp Buildup Cleanser with dōTERRA Oils 0
One of the best ways to use essential oils is to help your hair and scalp stay clean and healthy. This apple cider vinegar rinse helps restore and balance the natural pH level of your hair help, and gets rid of extra build-up without stripping your hair of its natural oils.
Combined with Rosemary, Lemon, and Grapefruit oils, the following mixture cleanses and refreshes hair, making it soft, shiny, and easy to work with.
- Combine all ingredients in a small glass bowl and stir.
- Comb through dry hair. The acids in the mixture remove any oil, dirt or sulfate buildup naturally.
- Allow the mixture to sit in place for about 20 minutes, then rinse hair in shower and continue with your normal shampoo and conditioner routine.
Enjoy your thoroughly cleansed and rejuvenated locks.
Tried this recipe or have a different one that you like? We want to know what you think! Leave us a comment below.
Dishwasher Detergent Tablets with dōTERRA Oils 0
Make your own natural dishwasher tablets by following this simple step-by-step recipe. This DIY contains the cleansing power of doTERRA On Guard® and Grapefruit oils, leaving your dishes clean and smelling fresh.
1 cup baking soda
¼ cup citric acid
1 tablespoon doTERRA On Guard Cleaner Concentrate
5 drops Grapefruit oil
- Put baking soda, citric acid, doTERRA On Guard Cleaner Concentrate, and Grapefruit oil in a mixing bowl. Mix together until the mixture is an even consistency.
- Place in silicon molds and let sit for four hours. Remove tabs.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Use in dishwasher in place of store-bought dishwasher tablets.
Tip: Adding one cup white vinegar to the rinsing agent compartment in your dishwasher will help ensure that your glassware comes out of the dishwasher sparkling!
DIY Lotions Bars with dōTERRA Oils 0
DIY/Make 'n Take Lavender Eucalyptus Lotion Bars
Dealing with dry skin? We’ve got you covered with our Lavender Eucalyptus Lotion Bars. These lotion bars are not only simple to make, but do wonders for dry skin. Made with beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter—plus being infused with doTERRA Lavender and Eucalyptus essential oils—will leave your skin feeling soft and moisturized throughout the day.
These lotion bars are super simple to make, provide a great opportunity for a DIY Make 'n Take class, and make perfect gifts for holidays, showers, weddings, etc.
If you thinking about gifting these lotion bars, the packaging you choose can be an added bonus for whomever you decide to gift them to. A few different packaging ideas include: an organza bag with a homemade label attached, wrapping the bar in burlap and twine with a sprig of lavender.
We chose to do Lavender and Eucalyptus, and though the combinations are limitless, here are a few scents we think you might also enjoy:
- Bergamot and Juniper Berry
- Douglas Fir and Grapefruit
- Spearmint and Patchouli
- Rosemary and Peppermint
- Lemongrass and Spearmint
Ingredients (Makes 4–6 bars)
- 1 cup beeswax
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup shea butter
- 10–15 drops Lavender essential oil
- 10–15 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
- Dried lavender and eucalyptus (optional)
- Combine and melt (microwave or double boiler) beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter.
- Add Lavender and Eucalyptus essential oils.
- Pour or spoon into mold of choice.
- Note: If using dried ingredients, sprinkle into mold beforehand.
Flavored Toothpicks with dōTERRA Oils 0
- Take glass jar and fill bottom with Fractionated Coconut Oil, about ¼ inch.
- For mild cinnamon flavor add 10 drops Cinnamon Bark oil to jar. Add more drops for stronger flavor.
- Place toothpicks in jar. Let toothpicks sit in oil mixture for 8 hours or until oil is absorbed.
- After toothpicks have absorbed oil mixture, lay toothpicks on plate and let dry 24 hours.
- Place flavored toothpicks in small tin or glass jar to use when needed.