Breath Spray with dōTERRA Oils 0
One of the many benefits of essential oils is their ability to add unique flavor to everyday life. Essential oils taste great in recipes, but can also be used to freshen your breath. Create your own natural breath spray with these two easy steps and carry the power of these oils with you wherever you go.
A few oils we suggest for this DIY are Peppermint, Spearmint, and Cinnamon Bark. Each of these oils has internal benefits and provides a tasty refreshing burst of flavor.
Depending on your preference, each oil provides something unique. Peppermint essential oil has a clean, fresh and minty flavor, while Spearmint oil is minty, slightly fruity, and softer than Peppermint, and Cinnamon oil takes on a warmer, spicy flavor. Try all three, or get creative and make your own combination with other oils safe for internal use.
5 mL glass spray bottle
3–5 drops essential oil
Distilled or filtered water
- Place 3–5 drops of essential oil into your spray bottle
- Fill the remainder of the bottle with distilled water
- Shake well to combine and spritz in mouth for a refreshing burst of flavor
Shower Melts with dōTERRA Breathe 0
Shower melts are a great alternative to bath bombs if you are in a hurry or prefer showers. This DIY includes doTERRA Breathe Respiratory Blend, to help give feelings of open airways and promote clear breathing. You can use different oils for different effects, but this one is especially helpful when experiencing the effects of seasonal threats, or to calm the senses before bed.
1 cup baking soda
15–20 drops doTERRA Breathe Respiratory Blend
⅓ cup water
- Combine baking soda and water in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Add 15–20 drops (depending on desired potency) to mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Pack mixture into small silicone molds and allow to set overnight.
- To use, place a tab in your shower away from the direct flow of water and enjoy the cooling effect of the doTERRA Breathe blend.
- Store in an airtight container. This will help prevent the volatile compounds of the oil from evaporating into the air. Use within one week.
Tip: For continued benefits after your shower, apply doTERRA Breathe Vapor Stick to neck and chest area.
Body Wash with dōTERRA Oils 0
Scented body wash is a fun way to wake up your senses in the morning or calm them down at night. Scented body wash can provide valuable nourishment to your skin if it contains the right ingredients. Try making this easy DIY Body Wash with essential oils.
8 ounce glass pump bottle
½ cup unscented Castile soap
4 tablespoons vegetable glycerin
3 tablespoons Fractionated Coconut Oil
10 drops of your favorite essential oil
Note: Vegetable glycerin will help the body wash be thicker, creamier, and lather better.
- Combine ingredients into glass pump bottle.
- Add desired essential oil(s).
Tip: For an uplifting body wash try these essential oils: Citrus Bliss, Peppermint, Grapefruit, Lime, or Eucalyptus. For a relaxing body wash try these: Lavender, Serenity, Bergamot, Geranium, or Roman Chamomile.
- Shake to combine.
Note: Make sure to shake before each use, as the ingredients will separate.
Shaving Cream with dōTERRA Oils 0
- Place all ingredients except for essential oils in double boiler.
- Once melted, remove from heat and let sit three minutes.
- Add essential oils and stir until combined.
- Let shaving cream rest until hard.
Tip: You can put it in the refrigerator to speed up the cooling process.
- Using hand or stand mixer, whip shaving cream until light and fluffy.
- Place in container of choice.
Clay Facial Mask with dōTERRA Oils 0
Help cleanse and nourish your skin with this easy clay mask. It is great for all skin types and can be customized with your favorite essential oils. This recipe makes enough for one facial mask and should be applied to skin at least once a week for best results.
- Combine clay and vinegar in bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add essential oils.
- Apply to clean skin, avoiding the areas around eyes and mouth.
- Let dry for 5–15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and follow with moisturizer.