Deodorant Stick dōTERRA Oils 0
As a healthy alternative to commercial deodorants—make your own! Making your own deodorant is inexpensive, effective, natural, and great for your body and the environment.
¼ cup aluminum free baking soda
¼ cup arrowroot or cornstarch
3–5 tablespoons coconut oil
15 drops Purify (or other essential oil)
Recommended essential oils: Lemon, Melaleuca, Lavender, doTERRA On Guard®, Lime, Geranium, Lemongrass, Purify, and Thyme.
Note: If you live in a warm climate, add one ounce of melted shea or cocoa butter to recipe.
- Combine baking soda, arrowroot, and essential oil in bowl.
- Combine coconut oil with other ingredients one tablespoon at a time until mixture is at desired consistency.
- Press firmly into empty deodorant container and let sit until coconut oil solidifies.
Hair Detangler with dōTERRA Oils 0
- Boil water and marshmallow root in small pan.
- Reduce heat and let simmer 20–30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and strain through cheesecloth or wire strainer.
- While warm, pour into bottle and add conditioner, apple cider vinegar, and essential oils.
- Shake until combined.
- To use, spray generous amount on wet hair and comb through.
Homemade Fabric Softening Spray with dōTERRA Oils 0
Everyone loves a warm, fresh-smelling pile of clean clothes, but sometimes the products we use in our laundry contain unnecessary chemicals and additives. This natural fabric softener DIY uses the power of vinegar and essential oils to give your clothes a crisp, clean scent using just two ingredients.
First, vinegar acts as a natural softening agent by dissolving hard water buildup without leaving residue behind. And don’t worry—although this ingredient has a strong scent of its own, you won’t even notice it once your clothes have dried.
You can choose any number of essential oils to add to this recipe depending on your preferred aroma. Lemon, Grapefruit, and Peppermint are great options if you’re looking for an invigorating boost, but here we have listed Lavender and Geranium oils due to their soothing, conditioning properties. Whatever you decide to use, your clothes will come out feeling softer and smelling nicer.
16 ounces white vinegar
10–15 drops Lavender or Geranium oil
- Add essential oils to a glass spray bottle.
- Fill the remaining space with warm white vinegar.
- Shake well before each use to ensure oils and vinegar are well combined.
- To use, spray over wet clothing before drying.
DIY Hair Mask with dōTERRA Geranium 0
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
5 drops Geranium oil
- Mix eggs with olive oil.
- Add in honey and Geranium oil and mix until creamy
- Apply mask from roots to ends of hair until completely covered
- Cover hair with plastic wrap or a shower cap and leave for 30–60 minutes
- Rinse with warm water and shampoo until hair is no longer sticky. Use conditioner if necessary.
DIY Heat Protectant Spray with dōTERRA Oils 0
Shield your strands with a heat protectant spray made with Clary Sage and Geranium essential oils. Easy to make, this DIY spray will have your hair feeling full and healthy.
1 teaspoon Fractionated Coconut Oil
1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
2 teaspoons doTERRA Salon Essential Smoothing Conditioner
1 cup water
5 drops Clary Sage essential oil
5 drops Geranium essential oil
Small spray bottle
- Pour half of water into spray bottle.
- Add Fractionated Coconut Oil, sweet almond oil, conditioner, and essential oils into bottle.
- Add remaining water and shake well.
- To use, apply one spritz to hair and work it through until hair is lightly coated. Style as normal.
Herbal Hairspray with dōTERRA Oils 0
Tip: Use more or less sugar depending on how strong you want the hold to be.
- In saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring heat to boil and stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and cool.
- Pour essential oil into 8-ounce glass fine mist spray bottle and add cooled sugar water.
- Use as you would any other hairspray.