Deodorant Stick dōTERRA Oils 0
As a healthy alternative to commercial deodorants—make your own! Making your own deodorant is inexpensive, effective, natural, and great for your body and the environment.
¼ cup aluminum free baking soda
¼ cup arrowroot or cornstarch
3–5 tablespoons coconut oil
15 drops Purify (or other essential oil)
Recommended essential oils: Lemon, Melaleuca, Lavender, doTERRA On Guard®, Lime, Geranium, Lemongrass, Purify, and Thyme.
Note: If you live in a warm climate, add one ounce of melted shea or cocoa butter to recipe.
- Combine baking soda, arrowroot, and essential oil in bowl.
- Combine coconut oil with other ingredients one tablespoon at a time until mixture is at desired consistency.
- Press firmly into empty deodorant container and let sit until coconut oil solidifies.
DIY Dish Soap with dōTERRA Oils 0
- Fill a large, clean bottle with castle soap; dilute according to instructions if using a concentrate.
- Add essential oils. Shake bottle before each use.
- You're done! Just add 1-2 tablespoons to dish water for use.
Scalp Buildup Cleanser with dōTERRA Oils 0
One of the best ways to use essential oils is to help your hair and scalp stay clean and healthy. This apple cider vinegar rinse helps restore and balance the natural pH level of your hair help, and gets rid of extra build-up without stripping your hair of its natural oils.
Combined with Rosemary, Lemon, and Grapefruit oils, the following mixture cleanses and refreshes hair, making it soft, shiny, and easy to work with.
- Combine all ingredients in a small glass bowl and stir.
- Comb through dry hair. The acids in the mixture remove any oil, dirt or sulfate buildup naturally.
- Allow the mixture to sit in place for about 20 minutes, then rinse hair in shower and continue with your normal shampoo and conditioner routine.
Enjoy your thoroughly cleansed and rejuvenated locks.
Tried this recipe or have a different one that you like? We want to know what you think! Leave us a comment below.
Throat Drops with dōTERRA Oils 0
Homemade and natural throat drops are surprisingly easy to make, and useful in soothing dry and itchy throats. This recipe includes Lemon and Ginger oils, but feel free to try Spearmint, Cinnamon, Clove, or Peppermint oils.
- Add honey to water. Heat over medium heat in a saucepan until mixture begins to boil. Clip a candy thermometer to the side of pan where it will not touch the bottom or side. Continue boiling until water mixture reaches 300°F on the thermometer, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat immediately and allow mixture to cool for 5–10 minutes, or until the consistency becomes syrupy.
- Add Lemon and Ginger oil, stirring to combine.
- Dust candy mold with ascorbic acid powder. Pour honey mixture into molds and allow to completely cool.
- Remove from molds and dust again with ascorbic acid powder to keep the drops from sticking together once stored.
- Store in an airtight container.
Tip: You can find ascorbic acid at your local health food store, or online.
Wood Polish with dōTERRA Oils 0
- Add olive oil and vinegar to glass spray bottle.
- Add 10 drops of essential oil.
- Shake well before each use.
- Apply to microfiber cloth and wipe wood surfaces clean. Repeat every 2–3 months or as often as needed.
Spring Fling Room Spray with dōTERRA Oils 0
Looking for the perfect spring/summer room spray? This Spring Fling spray is light, fresh, and has a touch of sweetness and tart.
- In a glass spray bottle, add essential oils and top with water. Depending on the size of your spray bottle, you may wish to add more essential oils.
- To refresh a room, just give the bottle a shake and spray liberally.