Throat Drops with dōTERRA Oils
Homemade and natural throat drops are surprisingly easy to make, and useful in soothing dry and itchy throats. This recipe includes Lemon and Ginger oils, but feel free to try Spearmint, Cinnamon, Clove, or Peppermint oils.
- Add honey to water. Heat over medium heat in a saucepan until mixture begins to boil. Clip a candy thermometer to the side of pan where it will not touch the bottom or side. Continue boiling until water mixture reaches 300°F on the thermometer, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat immediately and allow mixture to cool for 5–10 minutes, or until the consistency becomes syrupy.
- Add Lemon and Ginger oil, stirring to combine.
- Dust candy mold with ascorbic acid powder. Pour honey mixture into molds and allow to completely cool.
- Remove from molds and dust again with ascorbic acid powder to keep the drops from sticking together once stored.
- Store in an airtight container.
Tip: You can find ascorbic acid at your local health food store, or online.
- Matt Triplett