Garbage Disposal Refreshers with dōTERRA Oils 0
Don’t live with stinky garbage disposals any more. These Tangerine and Spearmint Garbage Disposal Refreshers clean and deodorize your garbage disposal in one easy use.
2 cups baking soda
1 cup salt
½ cup water
¼ cup liquid castile soap (any scent)
15 drops Tangerine or Wild Orange oil
15 drops Spearmint oil
- Combine baking soda and salt into bowl.
- Add castile soap and essential oil into mixture.
- Add water 1 tablespoon at a time while stirring with hands until it forms into the consistency of "damp sand." It should stay together when you press it together. If you add too much water just add some more baking soda and salt until the consistency is right.
- Pack mixture tightly into a small silicone mold. If you don’t have a silicone mold, just grab a tablespoon measurement device and scoop packed spoonfuls onto parchment paper.
- Let mixture dry for 24 hours or until hard.
- Put into glass jar and use the next time you do dishes! Just place 1–2 refreshers into the garbage disposal and turn it on. You will immediately smell the refreshing and cleansing aroma.
DIY Lotions Bars with dōTERRA Oils 0
DIY/Make 'n Take Lavender Eucalyptus Lotion Bars
Dealing with dry skin? We’ve got you covered with our Lavender Eucalyptus Lotion Bars. These lotion bars are not only simple to make, but do wonders for dry skin. Made with beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter—plus being infused with doTERRA Lavender and Eucalyptus essential oils—will leave your skin feeling soft and moisturized throughout the day.
These lotion bars are super simple to make, provide a great opportunity for a DIY Make 'n Take class, and make perfect gifts for holidays, showers, weddings, etc.
If you thinking about gifting these lotion bars, the packaging you choose can be an added bonus for whomever you decide to gift them to. A few different packaging ideas include: an organza bag with a homemade label attached, wrapping the bar in burlap and twine with a sprig of lavender.
We chose to do Lavender and Eucalyptus, and though the combinations are limitless, here are a few scents we think you might also enjoy:
- Bergamot and Juniper Berry
- Douglas Fir and Grapefruit
- Spearmint and Patchouli
- Rosemary and Peppermint
- Lemongrass and Spearmint
Ingredients (Makes 4–6 bars)
- 1 cup beeswax
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup shea butter
- 10–15 drops Lavender essential oil
- 10–15 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
- Dried lavender and eucalyptus (optional)
- Combine and melt (microwave or double boiler) beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter.
- Add Lavender and Eucalyptus essential oils.
- Pour or spoon into mold of choice.
- Note: If using dried ingredients, sprinkle into mold beforehand.
Rosemary Spearmint Soap DIY with dōTERRA Oils 0
Whether you're making it for yourself or for others, these step-by-step instructions are simple and easy. The end product is elegant and the fragrance is divine.
- Olive oil melt-and-pour soap base
- Silicone mold
- 15 drops Spearmint essential oil
- 15 drops Rosemary essential oil
- Optional: dried herbs
Disclaimer: Although these images show fresh herbs in the soap, we highly recommend only using dried herbs. The fresh herbs (although beautiful) turn the soap brown after a few days.
- Cut off the amount of soap base you want to use and place it into a microwave safe bowl.
- Melt the soap into liquid form in increments of 30 seconds.
- Add a handful of dried hebrs to the soap mold.
- Add Spearmint and Rosemary essential oils.
- Mix together and pour into molds.
- Let it sit for an hour.
- Remove the soap from the mold.
(The soap should be good for a few months.)
Breath Spray with dōTERRA Oils 0
One of the many benefits of essential oils is their ability to add unique flavor to everyday life. Essential oils taste great in recipes, but can also be used to freshen your breath. Create your own natural breath spray with these two easy steps and carry the power of these oils with you wherever you go.
A few oils we suggest for this DIY are Peppermint, Spearmint, and Cinnamon Bark. Each of these oils has internal benefits and provides a tasty refreshing burst of flavor.
Depending on your preference, each oil provides something unique. Peppermint essential oil has a clean, fresh and minty flavor, while Spearmint oil is minty, slightly fruity, and softer than Peppermint, and Cinnamon oil takes on a warmer, spicy flavor. Try all three, or get creative and make your own combination with other oils safe for internal use.
5 mL glass spray bottle
3–5 drops essential oil
Distilled or filtered water
- Place 3–5 drops of essential oil into your spray bottle
- Fill the remainder of the bottle with distilled water
- Shake well to combine and spritz in mouth for a refreshing burst of flavor