Deodorant Stick dōTERRA Oils 0
As a healthy alternative to commercial deodorants—make your own! Making your own deodorant is inexpensive, effective, natural, and great for your body and the environment.
¼ cup aluminum free baking soda
¼ cup arrowroot or cornstarch
3–5 tablespoons coconut oil
15 drops Purify (or other essential oil)
Recommended essential oils: Lemon, Melaleuca, Lavender, doTERRA On Guard®, Lime, Geranium, Lemongrass, Purify, and Thyme.
Note: If you live in a warm climate, add one ounce of melted shea or cocoa butter to recipe.
- Combine baking soda, arrowroot, and essential oil in bowl.
- Combine coconut oil with other ingredients one tablespoon at a time until mixture is at desired consistency.
- Press firmly into empty deodorant container and let sit until coconut oil solidifies.
DIY Lotions Bars with dōTERRA Oils 0
DIY/Make 'n Take Lavender Eucalyptus Lotion Bars
Dealing with dry skin? We’ve got you covered with our Lavender Eucalyptus Lotion Bars. These lotion bars are not only simple to make, but do wonders for dry skin. Made with beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter—plus being infused with doTERRA Lavender and Eucalyptus essential oils—will leave your skin feeling soft and moisturized throughout the day.
These lotion bars are super simple to make, provide a great opportunity for a DIY Make 'n Take class, and make perfect gifts for holidays, showers, weddings, etc.
If you thinking about gifting these lotion bars, the packaging you choose can be an added bonus for whomever you decide to gift them to. A few different packaging ideas include: an organza bag with a homemade label attached, wrapping the bar in burlap and twine with a sprig of lavender.
We chose to do Lavender and Eucalyptus, and though the combinations are limitless, here are a few scents we think you might also enjoy:
- Bergamot and Juniper Berry
- Douglas Fir and Grapefruit
- Spearmint and Patchouli
- Rosemary and Peppermint
- Lemongrass and Spearmint
Ingredients (Makes 4–6 bars)
- 1 cup beeswax
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup shea butter
- 10–15 drops Lavender essential oil
- 10–15 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
- Dried lavender and eucalyptus (optional)
- Combine and melt (microwave or double boiler) beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter.
- Add Lavender and Eucalyptus essential oils.
- Pour or spoon into mold of choice.
- Note: If using dried ingredients, sprinkle into mold beforehand.