Cranberry Scones with dōTERRA Tangerine
Whether for breakfast, brunch, tea, or dessert, these delightful indulgences are just the ticket.
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt|
4 tablespoons salted butter, cubed
1 tablespoon grated tangerine zest
1 cup chopped dried cranberries
¾ cup plus 4 tablespoons heavy cream
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon grated tangerine zest
1 tablespoon tangerine juice
3 drops Tangerine oil
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, and salt. Cut the butter into the mixture using a pastry cutter or fingers until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Add the tangerine zest and dried cranberries.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and add ¾ cup of the heavy cream. Mix the dough together. It should have a slightly dry texture, but not crumbly. Add an additional one to two tablespoons of heavy cream if the dough seems too dry.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead it for one minute. Form the dough into a round one-inch thick, and use a knife or a pizza cutter to cut the round into eight equal wedges. Arrange the wedges in a round, but about one inch apart, on the baking sheet.
- Brush the wedges with four tablespoons heavy cream and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the scones are golden and the edges are lightly toasted.
- For the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, tangerine zest, orange juice, and Tangerine essential oil in a glass bowl. Drizzle on top of the warm scones.
Tip: Serve the scones warm.
- Matt Triplett