Orange Curd with dōTERRA Wild Orange
“Citrus curd is a great basic condiment to have on hand for sweet cravings or for a last minute, simple dessert.”
⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon orange juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 teaspoons orange zest
⅓ cup sugar
8 egg yolks
10 tablespoons butter, sliced
1–2 drops Wild Orange oil
- In a medium saucepan, combine juices, zests, and sugar. Heat over medium heat until simmering. Turn heat to low.
- Whisk egg yolks in medium bowl until smooth. Slowly pour half of orange mixture into yolks while vigorously whisking, then return to saucepan.
- While whisking, continue to cook over low heat until mixture thickens and coats back of spoon, about 5–10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter one tablespoon at a time.
- Add Wild Orange oil. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate in airtight container. The curd will keep for up to one week.
Tips: Orange curd is delicious on toast, waffles, in yogurt, as part of fruit salad, in crepes, in a tart shell, between cake layers, etc.
- Matt Triplett