Shrimp and Mango Skewers with dōTERRA Ginger
These Ginger Shrimp and Mango Skewers are sure to become a tried and true favorite.
1 pound shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined with tails cut off
2 tablespoons olive oil
½–1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Zest of one lemon
2 large cloves garlic
1 drop Ginger oil
3 drops Lemon oil
3 heaping tablespoons fresh, chopped cilantro
Sea salt and pepper to taste
7 ounces full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream
Juice from zested lemon
2 drops Lemon oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place raw shrimp, olive oil, crushed red pepper flakes, lemon zest, garlic, essential oils, cilantro, and salt and pepper into a gallon-sized plastic bag and shake mixture until evenly coated. Marinate for 1–24 hours.
Note: Soak wooden skewers for at least one hour in water before grilling.
- Put all of the crema ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
Note: The crema can be made hours in advance or right before grilling.
- Cut mangoes into chunks.
- Assemble skewers, alternating shrimp and mango.
- On a hot grill, cook the skewers for two to three minutes per side.
Tip: Only turn skewer over one time to create grill marks.
- Put skewers on a serving platter, drizzle with crema, and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
- Matt Triplett