Zucchini Fettuccine with dōTERRA Rosemary
Summer produce meets fall flavor in this easy, healthy recipe. It is infused with Rosemary oil, which is helpful for boosting energy, reducing nervous tension, and aiding digestion and internal organ function.* This makes for one comforting dinner that will leave you feeling satisfied and energized.
1 10-ounce package frozen butternut squash
3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 sprig fresh Rosemary (optional)
½ cup full-fat canned coconut milk
½ cup vegetable broth
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 pound tomatoes, diced
Pinch of sugar (to cut acidity of tomatoes)
3 pounds zucchini
1 drop Rosemary oil
Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Grease a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and then lay butternut squash on sheet pan, trying to keep pieces separated. Roast for 30–45 minutes or until squash is tender and can easily be pierced with a fork. Let cool.
- While squash is cooling, spiralize the zucchini.
- Add one tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and saute for three to five minutes, until onion is translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- Add the sauteed garlic and onions, rosemary, Rosemary essential oil, coconut milk, broth, and salt to the blender.
- Blend until smooth. Add the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil to a large pan. Add the tomatoes and saute for about two minutes.
- Add the spiralized zucchini and cook for about three minutes, until zucchini is almost tender.
- Add the sauce to the pan and continue to cook until sauce is hot and zucchini is tender.
- Garnish with freshly-ground black pepper and serve hot.
- Matt Triplett