Blackberry Scones with dōTERRA Lavender
These blackberry lavender scones are the perfect sweet treat for any occasion. Enjoy the taste and scent of the lavender glaze, infused with Lavender oil. Lavender oil eases feelings of tension and reduces anxious feelings, which makes it not only an excellent flavor addition, but also offers internal benefits.*
2½ cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, grated
¾ cup buttermilk, plus extra for brushing
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup frozen blackberries
¾ cup white chocolate chips
⅓ cup milk
2 tablespoons butter
1–2 drops Lavender essential oil
1 cup powdered sugar
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat oven to 400° F.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add flour and grated butter.
- Add the egg and buttermilk and mix—be careful not to overmix. Once all the ingredients have been combined, carefully fold in the blackberries and white chocolate chips.
- Pat your dough into a one-inch-thick square on a floured surface, then cut two-inch squares. Place these squares on your baking sheets about two inches apart, and brush the tops with buttermilk.
- Bake 15–18 minutes or until golden brown, rotating baking sheets halfway through.
- To make the Lavender Glaze, add milk and butter to a small saucepan on medium heat. Cook until milk is steaming, not boiling, then remove from heat and stir in Lavender oil. Add powdered sugar until mixture is thin but not watery.
- Allow scones to cool slightly, then drizzle with lavender glaze.
Tips: The floral taste of Lavender and blackberries is very appealing. Another yummy flavor to try with blackberry scones is Wild Orange, made by substituting Wild Orange oil for the Lavender in this recipe.
- Matt Triplett