Raw Vegan Veggie Dip with dōTERRA Oils 0
Great as a light snack or refreshing appetizer, this flavorful dip will stimulate your taste buds and leave you wanting more. There are plenty of essential oils that go into this recipe, too—five to be exact. While the fresh version of each plant would be fine to use (and is used in the case of rosemary and basil), the essential oil versions are more concentrated and add more powerful health benefits when taken internally.
Here are just a few examples:
- Oregano oil helps maintain the health of your immune, respiratory, and digestive systems.*
- Rosemary oil supports the healthy function of your internal organs.*
- Clary Sage is a soothing and relaxing oil, and may synergistically help calm your nervous system.*
- Fennel has been used to promote healthy digestion.*
- Basil also supports gastrointestinal health and can lessen occasional anxious feelings.*
1–5 cloves garlic
1 can (15 ounce) garbanzo beans, rinsed
2 lemons, juiced
2 ½ cups spinach
1 can variety mix black, green, and Kalamata olives
2 stems fresh basil
1 small bundle Italian parsley
2 sprigs rosemary
4 roma tomatoes
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
¼ cup virgin olive oil
1 yellow squash
1 small eggplant
½ cup almonds or pine nuts
1 drop Oregano oil
2 drops Rosemary oil
3 drops Clary Sage oil
4 drops Fennel oil
7 drops Basil oil
1 small red onion
2 red and orange bell peppers
- Put all ingredients except essential oils into a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Add essential oils one drop at a time to taste. You do not have to use all the recommended drops of essential oil if you prefer a lighter flavor.
- Serve with vegetables, pita bread, or chips.
Tips: For a fresher flavor, you can also make beans from scratch instead of using them from a can.