Apple Cake with dōTERRA Cinnamon
Enjoy this vegan apple cake with breakfast or as a dessert. This healthy alternative to traditional sugary teacakes has a nice autumn flavor and goes well with a warm mug of apple cider.
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
2 ½ tablespoons baking powder
¾ cup raw sugar
½ cup olive oil
½ cup orange juice
½ cup walnuts
2 small apples, grated
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 drop Cinnamon Bark oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly coat cake tin with olive oil.
- Juice orange in bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, ground cinnamon, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Grate the apples. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add sugar, olive oil, and Cinnamon Bark oil. Mix together using a handheld or free-standing mixer.
- Add the flour mix and the orange juice to a bowl with sugar and oil alternatively and keep mixing.
- Add the apples and the walnuts and fold in gently with a spoon until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into baking dish and bake for 45 minutes (or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed clean). Slice and enjoy.
Tip: The mixture will look a little dry until after the apples are added. This cake is best right out of the oven, but is good for a week.
- Matt Triplett