Dinner Rolls with dōTERRA Rosemary
2 ¼ teaspoon active dry yeast
½ cup warm water
3 tablespoons sugar, divided
¾ cup warm milk
1 large egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
2 drops Rosemary essential oil
1 ½ teaspoon salt
1 egg for brushing rolls, whisked
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour, then more as needed
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer whisk together yeast, warm water, and ½ teaspoon granulated sugar. Rest for 5 minutes
- Set mixer with hook attachment and mix in remaining sugar, warm milk, egg, melted butter, fresh rosemary, Rosemary essential oil, and salt on low speed.
- Add 2 cups flour and mix on low speed until combined. Slowly add in remaining flour until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl. Dough should be a little sticky.
- Knead for 7–10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Remove from mixer and cover bowl with a cloth for one hour or until doubled in size.
- Place dough on clean workspace and divide into 12 equal parts. Roll each part into a smooth ball and place into a greased 9x11 baking pan.
- Cover and let rise for one hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Gently brush tops of rolls evenly with one tablespoon whisked egg. Bake in preheated oven until tops are golden brown, about 23–26 minutes.
- Matt Triplett