Costa Rican Black Bean Soup with dōTERRA Oils 0
The myraid of spices and ingredients in this soup from Costa Rica blend together for fantastic flavor that is sure to please.
1 cup celery, finely diced
1 medium sweet onion, finely diced
1 medium red pepper, finely diced
1 cup fresh tomato, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced (optional)
1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cups black beans, canned including liquid (Four 15 ounce cans)
3 cups vegetable stock
1 drop or less Oregano oil
1 teaspoon cumin
¾ teaspoon celery salt
1 teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon coriander powder
1 drop or less Thyme oil
½ teaspoon cayenne
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon clove
½ teaspoon allspice
- In a large stock pot, sauté celery, onion, red pepper, tomatoes, garlic, and ginger in oil over medium heat until vegetables are tender and onion is clear.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Tip: Use a toothpick to add Oregano and Thyme oils to taste.
Italian Chicken Soup with dōTERRA Oregano 0
The fresh vegetables, chicken and creamy sauce are brought to life in this soup with a few drops of Oregano oil. This soup is tasty and satisfying.
3 tablespoons flaked oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 chicken breast
2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
6 cups water
4 stalks celery, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 package Ditalini pasta
4 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 pint whipping cream
2 drops Oregano oil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
- Place olive oil and flaked oregano in small skillet and saute over medium heat for approximately one minute. Set aside.
- Place chicken, one tablespoon of chicken bouillon, and one cup of water in pressure cooker. Cook for 20 minutes on high. Once chicken has finished cooking, shred or dice chicken.
- Place celery and green pepper in small skillet and saute over medium heat for approximately one minute.
- Place chicken, celery, and green pepper mixture back into pressure cooker. Add pasta.
- Mix one tablespoon of powdered chicken bouillon with five cups of water and pour over noodles until covered.
- Add salt and black pepper. Cook in pressure cooker on low pressure for two minutes.
- When complete, add whipping cream, tomatoes, the sauteed oregano, and Oregano oil. Mix thoroughly and let heat for one minute before serving.