Pear Gorgonzola Salad with dōTERRA Basil 0
Change up your weeknight salad with this tempting pear and gorgonzola dish. This recipe includes the added benefits of Basil oil, which gives this salad a fresh flavor and can help ease anxious feeling when taken internally.*
2 red Anjou pears
6 cups spinach
½ cup walnuts, chopped
⅓ cup gorgonzola
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon honey Dijon mustard
1 toothpick Basil oil
Dash of Himalayan salt
- Blend together olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and Himalayan salt.
- Add Basil oil. Start with one toothpick to taste.
- Once the dressing is flavored to your liking, toss vinaigrette with salad ingredients. Serve immediately.
Orange Curd with dōTERRA Wild Orange 0
“Citrus curd is a great basic condiment to have on hand for sweet cravings or for a last minute, simple dessert.”
⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon orange juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 teaspoons orange zest
⅓ cup sugar
8 egg yolks
10 tablespoons butter, sliced
1–2 drops Wild Orange oil
- In a medium saucepan, combine juices, zests, and sugar. Heat over medium heat until simmering. Turn heat to low.
- Whisk egg yolks in medium bowl until smooth. Slowly pour half of orange mixture into yolks while vigorously whisking, then return to saucepan.
- While whisking, continue to cook over low heat until mixture thickens and coats back of spoon, about 5–10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter one tablespoon at a time.
- Add Wild Orange oil. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate in airtight container. The curd will keep for up to one week.
Tips: Orange curd is delicious on toast, waffles, in yogurt, as part of fruit salad, in crepes, in a tart shell, between cake layers, etc.
Honey Roasted Carrots with dōTERRA Thyme 0
2 pounds carrots peeled, tops removed
¼ cup apricot preserves
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon ground mustard
⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 drop Thyme essential oil
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Grease a baking sheet. Add carrots to center of pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ingredients and pour over carrots. Toss until evenly coated. Lay carrots in a single layer. Bake for 30–45 minutes, until fork tender. Stir after 20 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Apple Cake with dōTERRA Cinnamon 0
Enjoy this vegan apple cake with breakfast or as a dessert. This healthy alternative to traditional sugary teacakes has a nice autumn flavor and goes well with a warm mug of apple cider.
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
2 ½ tablespoons baking powder
¾ cup raw sugar
½ cup olive oil
½ cup orange juice
½ cup walnuts
2 small apples, grated
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 drop Cinnamon Bark oil
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly coat cake tin with olive oil.
- Juice orange in bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, ground cinnamon, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Grate the apples. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add sugar, olive oil, and Cinnamon Bark oil. Mix together using a handheld or free-standing mixer.
- Add the flour mix and the orange juice to a bowl with sugar and oil alternatively and keep mixing.
- Add the apples and the walnuts and fold in gently with a spoon until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into baking dish and bake for 45 minutes (or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed clean). Slice and enjoy.
Tip: The mixture will look a little dry until after the apples are added. This cake is best right out of the oven, but is good for a week.
Dinner Rolls with dōTERRA Rosemary 0
2 ¼ teaspoon active dry yeast
½ cup warm water
3 tablespoons sugar, divided
¾ cup warm milk
1 large egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
2 drops Rosemary essential oil
1 ½ teaspoon salt
1 egg for brushing rolls, whisked
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour, then more as needed
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer whisk together yeast, warm water, and ½ teaspoon granulated sugar. Rest for 5 minutes
- Set mixer with hook attachment and mix in remaining sugar, warm milk, egg, melted butter, fresh rosemary, Rosemary essential oil, and salt on low speed.
- Add 2 cups flour and mix on low speed until combined. Slowly add in remaining flour until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl. Dough should be a little sticky.
- Knead for 7–10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Remove from mixer and cover bowl with a cloth for one hour or until doubled in size.
- Place dough on clean workspace and divide into 12 equal parts. Roll each part into a smooth ball and place into a greased 9x11 baking pan.
- Cover and let rise for one hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Gently brush tops of rolls evenly with one tablespoon whisked egg. Bake in preheated oven until tops are golden brown, about 23–26 minutes.
Jalapeño Cranberry Dip with dōTERRA Oils 0
This Jalapeño Cranberry Dip is sweet with the right amount of spicy and is infused with Lime and Cilantro essential oils. Lime essential oil gives this recipe a sweet, citrus flavor while Cilantro adds a fresh, herbal flavor. Both oils compliment the cranberries and jalepeño peppers to make for a delicious, healthy treat.
1 12 ounce bag fresh cranberries
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 toothpick Cilantro oil
1–2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
2 limes, juiced
1 toothpick Lime oil
¾ cup white sugar (or sweetener of choice)
8 ounces cream cheese
- Combine cranberries, cilantro, Cilantro oil, and jalapeño peppers in a food processor. Chop but do not purèe.
- Spoon chopped cranberry mixture into a bowl and add lime juice, Lime oil, and sugar. Stir.
- Cover and refrigerate at least three hours (overnight is best).
- Serve over a block of cream cheese with wheat crackers or tortilla chips.